10 years ago
In 2013 (10 years ago) - I became a mother.
I had no idea what it is like.
My mom and dad were still alive, and I had all the help and support from them.
Then in 2015, mom got into a car accident, and she became wheelchair bound. My dad was devastated and overwhelm as he could no longer care for my daughter and take care of my mom at the same time. So, I made the decision to come home and live with them. My husband remains in KL.
Unbeknown to me ... it was the best decision that I have ever made for myself and my family.
I got a job in town, and I am to watch my girl grow up. My husband commutes every weekend, and he continued to do this until Covid-19 pandemic.
Sadly, my mom passed away from a complication (which arises from her diabetes). This will be another story for another day. She left us on a Saturday morning, just a week shy from Chinese New Year.
My dad never really recovers from losing her. He strives on and continue to live with a broken heart, and he finally joined my mom in 2021.
My daughter was only 8 and my son was 4 years old.
Once again, I was at a crossroad. Should I quit my job and become a full time stay at home mom? Or should I send my kids to daycare? Find a nanny for them?
So many questions... so many decisions...
My career is taking off and was recently promoted to a more senior position. If I quit, how am I going to supplement my income? We cannot survive based on my husband's income. And he is not getting any younger.
In the end, with help from my neighbor - my daughter get herself ready for school every day. How did she do it? She learned. She takes care of herself. She grows up to be an independent 9 years old. My son went to a daycare, it wasn't the best, but it was the most logical steps for us to take to ensure his safety and wellbeing.
Comments
Post a Comment